Clubhouse Program Director
Clubhouse Program Director
40 hours per week
Location: Astoria, OR
Weekend and evening hours occasionally required; occasional travel required.
NAMI Oregon is seeking a leader to become Program Director for the newly forming Beacon Clubhouse in the beautiful coastal community of Astoria, Oregon. The Program Director will work closely with the NAMI Clatsop County Affiliate Steering Committee to get the Clubhouse off the ground following the Clubhouse International model. This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial candidate who enjoys the rewards and challenges of launching a new venture in a collaborative environment.
Compensation: The compensation package is projected to be around $50,000 annually but may be adjusted according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include paid time off, a 401k retirement plan, and a health insurance stipend. Compensation is designed to grow as the Clubhouse grows.
Background: The Beacon Clubhouse is being started as a program of NAMI Oregon/NAMI Clatsop County to help individuals living with mental health disorders in Clatsop County. The Program Director will be responsible for promoting the mission of the Beacon Clubhouse in the greater Clatsop County area. In addition, the program director will be responsible for organizing and supervising day-to-day Clubhouse operations as well as building community connections that help the Beacon Clubhouse establish its long-term financial health.
Following the Clubhouse International model, a Clubhouse is organized to support people living with mental illness. During the course of their participation in a Clubhouse, members gain access to opportunities to rejoin the worlds of friendships, family, employment and education, and to the services and support they may individually need to continue their recovery. A Clubhouse provides a restorative environment for people whose lives have been severely disrupted because of their mental illness, and who need the support of others who are in recovery and who believe that mental illness is treatable.
To Apply: Please send a letter summarizing your interest and qualifications and a chronological resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Clubhouse Director provides day-to-day and long-term leadership for the Beacon Clubhouse following the Clubhouse International model. The Program Director is responsible for overseeing Clubhouse operations, including community relations, fundraising, and Clubhouse programming.
The Beacon Clubhouse is a new project of NAMI Clatsop County, a local NAMI affiliate that operates as a program of NAMI Oregon. The Program Director will oversee the launch of the new Clubhouse, working in collaboration with the NAMI Oregon Executive Director and the NAMI Clatsop County Affiliate Steering Committee. The position reports directly to the NAMI Oregon Executive Director.
Management and Supervision
Provide oversight and management of day-to-day operations for the Clubhouse. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing the Clubhouse “Working Group” (NAMI Clatsop County Affiliate Steering Committee) and utilizing their talents. Keep the group informed of Clubhouse activities, progress and priorities.
- Managing the annual Clubhouse budget development and monitoring process and managing the ongoing financial activities of the Clubhouse.
- Providing leadership and vision to Clubhouse members, staff and volunteers by upholding the integrity of the Clubhouse model and the coherence of the Clubhouse community.
- Coordinating communication between the Clubhouse and NAMI Oregon and reporting any serious incident, issues or concerns. Provide ongoing reports of operations to the NAMI Oregon executive director.
Community Relations and Fundraising
Develop and execute communications and fundraising strategies and activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Supervising fund development and fundraising activities for the Clubhouse.
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Establishing the Clubhouse as a resource for care management agencies and health care providers throughout Clatsop County.
- Supervising public relations activities for the Clubhouse.
- Identifying opportunities and applying for grant funding from foundations, corporations, and other grant-making entities.
Support the development of program offerings in keeping with the Clubhouse International model. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Encouraging full member participation in all the operations of Beacon Clubhouse.
- Working toward certification of the Clubhouse from Clubhouse International.
- Developing Transitional Employment Development and Employer Relationships for the Clubhouse.
- Working with funding partners on shared goals to improve the efficiency, cost effectiveness and impact of the Clubhouse.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage annual budgets and financial management and reporting. Previous nonprofit management experience desirable. Experience with QuickBooks desirable.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience in managing staff and volunteers.
- General knowledge of mental health and addiction treatment and support systems.
- Ability to communicate professionally with vendors, volunteers, community members, staff, and donors, among others. Excellent public speaking skills preferred.
- Understanding and acceptance of individuals and families living with mental illness. Personal lived experience welcomed.
- Highly cognizant of privacy issues and rules.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.