Ending the Silence
Ending the Silence is a 50-minute mental health awareness program for high school age youth. Teens learn how to recognize the early warning signs of mental illness and what to do if they or someone they know is exhibiting these signs. Ending the Silence instills a message of hope and recovery and encourages teens to reduce stigma and end the silence surrounding mental illness.
What the presentation provides:
- A unique opportunity to learn about mental health directly from family members and individuals living with a mental health condition.
- Resources and tools for teens to help themselves, friends, or family members who may be experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.
- Education—provides accurate information about mental illness to promote understanding and dispel myths.
- Personal contact—puts a human face to mental illness and provides hope that recovery is possible.
- See the Program Overview
- This program is currently available only in the Portland metro area. To schedule an Ending the Silence presentation, contact NAMI Clackamas or NAMI Multnomah.