In Our Own Voice
In this 90-minute program, trained individuals in recovery from mental illness provide a presentation about living with mental illness and the path to recovery. By sharing personal stories of illness and recovery in schools, businesses, and a variety of community groups, these presentations reduce stigma associated with mental illness and raise understanding.
What the Presentation Provides
- A chance to hear from people who have struggled with disorders such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other severe mental illnesses.
- Insight into how people with serious mental illnesses cope with the realities of their disorders while reclaiming productive lives.
- A powerful anti-stigma tool to change hearts, minds, and attitudes about mental illness.
- Living proof that recovery from mental illness is possible.
- See the IOOV key presentation topics
- To schedule an In Our Own Voice presentation, contact the NAMI affiliate nearest you