Search for Oregon attorneys by specialty, county or city.
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law – 202-467-5730
National organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the rights of adults and children who have mental disabilities so they can exercise their own life choices and have access to the resources that enable them to participate fully in their communities.
- Bouneff & Chally – 503-238-9720
Portland law firm specializing in family law including guardianships and conservatorships.
- Disability Rights Oregon – 503-243-2081 or 1-800-452-1694; TTY users dial 711
Statewide non-profit law office that provides advocacy and legal services to people with disabilities who have an issue related to their disability. Priorities include stopping abuse and neglect, providing full access to community participation, getting and maintaining quality community support services, and getting a free and appropriate education for children.
Search for Oregon attorneys by specialty and/or city.
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon
Nonprofit organization that provides representation on civil cases to low-income clients throughout Oregon.
- Nay & Friedenberg – 503-245-0894
Portland estate planning and elder law firm whose services include help with guardianships, conservatorships, and special needs planning.
Website providing information on civil legal issues and where to get legal help.
- Thatcher Smith Law – 971-284-7129
Portland law office whose services include special needs trusts.
- Treatment Advocacy Center – 703-294-6001
National nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating barriers to the timely and effective treatment of severe mental illness.
- Wiscarson Law – 503-727-0202
Portland law office focusing on disability issues. Services include help with special education and guardianships.
- Youth, Rights & Justice – 503-232-2540
Legal representation and advocacy for children in the foster care and juvenile justice systems and their parents.
Mental Health Courts
- Oregon Community Alliance of Tenants – 503-460-9702
CAT is a tenant membership organization, building a strong housing justice movement that is led and directed by those who are most impacted by Oregon’s affordable housing crisis – low-income renters.
Renters Rights Hotline: 503-288-0130
- OSPIRG’s Oregon Renters’ Handbook
A comprehensive guide to renting and renters’ rights in Oregon.
- Tenants Union of Washington State – 206-723-0500
Tenants rights organization, offering education and counseling programs, as well as the renters rights hotline.